Thursday, September 19, 2013

Home sweet home Shi Yu

After a year of hard work, prayer, trust, taking 6 different flights within 16 or so days our little girl was finally in the home she would live in until she was old enough to go to college or marry. No more going from orphanage to foster care to orphanage. No more being hungry, wry, and cold. No more going without the love and family every child deserves. No more no more. Sometimes I wonder if I was the first one that ever kissed Shi Yu, or said I love you. In many ways I hope that I wasn't. I think about the mother that gave birth to her and wonder if she worries. I think she probably does. I think she would have kept her baby girl if it were possible. I think her heart may be broken. I can only hope that one day she finds out that her baby is in a loving family, being well taken care of, and very happy. In this day and age there are so many agencies that offer the women of China the opportunity to give DNA and if the child one day desires it, she can also give hers and possibly meet her mother. I would never take this opportunity away from Shi Yu. It is get choice. Shi Yu is doing so well so far. She seems to be blossoming like a little flower. She loves music and tries to dance using her head. Yesterday she was watching the Abby lee show. I don't think she had ever seen a Tv and even when we put kids movies on in China for her she didn't seem to get the idea of watching a screen. But when she heard the music and saw the little girls dancing she took notice. It was the first time she REALLY watched. As the music played and the little girls girls danced she began swaying and actually put her arms up and out. It made me cry. She is very aware that she can't walk and do many things the other kids can. You can see it in her eyes when she watches them. She acts almost embarrassed. But with her determination (and she has a lot of it) and with Gods promises I believe it is only a matter of time. I know with all of my heart she will one day be dancing, walking, running. Its just a matter of time. Look out Abby Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment