Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Brother and SIL lessons on China

For those that don't know my brother just returned from living 15 years in China. His wife (my sil) was born and had lived in China all of her life. Tonight they had its over for an authentic Chinese dinner with many ingredients they brought from China. She made about 7 different dishes. Most of them were amazing! The only one I wasn't to fond of was the octopus sea weed soup. They were little tiny baby octopus after all. My brother admonished me for showing my very plain to see disdain lol. I was told you can't react that way in China. You just politely take one bite and not eat any more. They tried to teach us to use chopsticks but rice is really hard! Ymei said they have ones made for children that are attached at the top and are spring loaded. I think that's what I need lol.it was a very nice time. My sil asked if there were some things I could pick up for her. I was laughing because its nothing to them but for me, I am just hoping to survive the trip lmbo. But I will try to get what they want. They know do many people there that they gave us phone numbers (as well as Huss phone from China so I can call home) of people that can come quickly if something happened. My brother is amazing and really looks out for me. I am a very lucky sister. I asked my little nephew if he wanted to come (he is 3 and very smart). At first he said yes then asked his mommy and daddy of they were coming. When they said no he changed his mind. Do I said "we are going to go to China to bring a little girl home do you want to come?" Then he promptly walked to the car ready to go telling his Mom he didn't want the little girl to live at his house though. I live hearing him talk Chinese. I can't understand it but his Mom translates. So we had a wonderful night. I can't wait to bring Izzy home so she can meet her cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment